After creating a world based on the Disrespect Philosophy, the only recourse for many people are using lawyers as intermediaries to gain the RESPECT: the recognition a life is valuable.
The lack of transparency, communication, trust and months of “somebody should be responsible but not me responses” has now made it necessary to employ a lawyer to:
1. Secure clarification on the term “nursing” care
2. Determine whom the professional “nursing” care responsibility rests upon
3. Determine how much professional “nursing” care is available at Pinecrest Manor, a Revera long-term care and nursing facility
4. Determine the gap between the “nursing” care available at Pinecrest and Dad’s needs
5. Secure the additional “nursing” care from the ten-thousand Carpenters Union Trust Fund “nursing” care insurance benefit
6. Take any necessary further actions to secure Dad the “nursing” care he needs during his last months for him to be out of unnecessary harm’s way
7. Additionally, re-locate Dad to Southampton to remove him from an abusive resident who was reported shoving my Dad who can be unstable on his feet with his walker if he has been walking past the point of exhaustion
As my Dad’s daughter and a lifetime advocate for people who cannot or who do not know how to stand up for themselves, I cannot move on till Dad gets the 3 hours a day 7 days a week nursing care his doctor ordered in January 2013 and till he is a safe environment where he is no longer a target of a jealous resident, whom though he doesn’t know any better, is still a risk; even poses great danger to our Dad’s well being during his remaining months.
I am sorry it had to come to this … using a lawyer to get the RESPECT Dad deserves, but today I am grateful for lawyers, recognizing that until we change our historical and present Disrespect Philosophy culture, we will continue making life very profitable for lawyers … while at the same time letting some people put other people through unjust, unfair and often cruel, neglectful and abusive pain …
Kaitlin (K.A.) Trepanier
Connecting the Dots … with The RESPECT PRINCIPLE Developer, Author & Speaker
All Rights Reserved
July 16, 2013