CONNECTING THE DOTS … WITH THE RESPECT PRINCIPLE
The company, Connecting The Dots … With The Respect Principle, develops and delivers original intellectual capital in the form of books, products, and services. The for-profit structure and the Connecting The Dots … With The Respect Principle Foundation will enable the company to fulfill its social mandate of helping people free and access more of their potential through education, entertainment, and inspiration, while also demonstrating that doing good can also be self-sustaining.
Here’s the scoop …
The intent has always been to legalize the company as a for-profit social business venture, available in several of the states in the United States, including California, and later to establish the foundation of the same name as the company, Connecting The Dots With The Respect Principle, in order to transfer the company’s intellectual capital to the foundation upon my death in order for the important work to continue.
Below are more details and the reasoning for the recent decision to instead establish the Connecting The Dots With The Respect Principle Foundation as soon as feasible.
First, check out http://www.dictionary.com’s definition of a foundation. The applicable definitions to the company foundation are in bold print …
Following is the definition of a social business venture …
Social Business Venture
A social business venture is a business venture filling a social need.
In Canada, there is no legal distinction between for-profit and non-profit social business ventures because in Canada social business ventures legally must be non-profits organizations.
Why not just be a non-profit organization, especially if the company’s primary goal is “doing good”?
- Remaining a for-profit company with its own original books, products, and services will enable the company to be self-sufficient, which also means the company will not be influenced by funding sources, sponsors etc. empowering the company to stay focused on its “doing good” purpose
- By remaining a for-profit company, the company keeps all the intellectual property rights created by the company in order to be a profit-generating business that can fund the “do good” purpose
- To ensure the company does not just become a private enterprise for profit-making
Is the company incorporated or going to be?
- No, the company will not be incorporated in order to maintain all intellectual capital ownership
- Instead, a partnership, like many other creative companies, especially film companies, is the preferred choice
- To ensure the company does not just become a for-profit private business enterprise for a board of directors and shareholders gain only, nor become a non-profit who would take the ownership of the intellectual capital, robbing the founder from the income for her years of work developing the concept, the intellectual capital, and the company
The new decision to create the Connecting The Dots With The Respect Principle Foundation as soon as feasible results from my ongoing spirituals studies, which for me is Biblical, and which guides me to give away at least 10% of whatever I, and also, whatever the company receives. In order for the company to do so, the Connecting The Dots With The Respect Principle Foundation will be created as soon as possible.
The Connecting The Dots With The Respect Principle Foundation’s mandate is to use the foundation’s funds to provide the company’s books, products, and services to people and organizations in need but who do not have the financial resources to purchase.
And that’s it. Short, sweet, and simple. Make money to do good.
If you are inclined to want to help make this happen sooner than later, the company is seeking $300,000 for the public launch/presentation, September 21, 2018.
$100,000 of the $300,000 may be secured from a Co-Founder/Business Partner and the rest from anyone who feels compelled to see all people treated as equally valuable … respected … simply for being a life.
First and second year’s forecast available as is the Executive Summary.
Thanks for your interest and hopefully your compassion, wisdom, and support.
Kaitlin Ann Trepanier
PRESIDENT FOUNDER SPEAKER AUTHOR KAITLIN ANN TREPANIER Connecting The Dots With The Respect Principle … the for-profit social business venture raising Respect Levels with original entertaining, educational, and inspirational books, products, and services. ©All Rights Reserved 2015
August 3, 2017
Connecting The Dots … With The Respect Principle